1. Q: How do I purchase tickets?
A: If you subscribed to either a full season (twelve-show) or a four-show package for the Oxford American's 2015-16 Concert Series, you'll have the first opportunity to renew your same seats for the 2016-17 Concert Series for a limited time before the general public. Season ticket renewals are being handled directly by the Oxford American this year. You can reach us by calling (501) 374-0000. Below is a renewal and on-sale schedule:
- May 9, 2016 — all twelve-show subscribers will be contacted and given the first opportunity to renew their same seats
- May 16, 2016 — all four-show subscribers will be contacted and given the next opportunity to renew their same seats
- May 19, 2016 — noon: twelve-show packages go on sale for new subscribers via Metrotix.com
- May 25, 2016 — noon: four-show packages go on sale for new subscribers via Metrotix.com
- June 1, 2016 — noon: single tickets to individual shows go on sale via Metrotix.com
Except for renewals, Metrotix provides ticketing service for the Oxford American Presents concerts, which can be ordered online via www.metrotix.com or by phone at (800) 293-5949. South on Main does not sell tickets on site for Oxford American Presents concerts.
2. Q: Where am I sitting for the upcoming concert to which I purchased tickets?
A: Reserved Seat Ticketholders - You are guaranteed a specific seat at a specific table for the event. Metrotix automatically assigns you to the best table available at the time of your transaction. You do not need to call to make a reservation. Seating is family style; unless you purchased the entire table, you will be seated with other patrons.
General Admission Ticketholders - You may sit at stools at the bar, perimeter chairs that are not at tables, or you may stand. You are not guaranteed a seat as seating is limited and only available first come-first seated when the doors open. Once all General Admission chairs are taken, there will only be standing room for all other General Admission ticketholders.
3. Q: Do I need to call and make reservations if I purchased a ticket?
A: No—we do not take reservations for ticketed events.
Reserved Seat Ticketholders: You are guaranteed a seat at a pre-assigned table. Seating is family style; unless you purchased the entire table, you will be seated with other patrons.
General Admission Ticketholders: You have first-come, first-seated access to stools at the bar, perimeter chairs that are not at tables, and standing room. If you desire a chair or stool at the bar, plan to arrive before, or when the doors open to increase your chances of securing a spot.
4. Q: When should I arrive?
A: For most ticketed shows, doors open a minimum of two hours prior to show time. We encourage you to arrive early to enjoy South on Main's craft cocktails and tasty faire prior to the show, and a reduced wait time. However, food and beverages are served throughout the event.
5. Q: Will food be available during the show?
A: Yes, both food and drinks are available for purchase throughout the duration of the concert.
6. Q: Where do I park?
A: Oxford American and South on Main patrons may park for free on the lot immediately across Main Street from the venue/restaurant. The lot is on the east side of Main Street, and accessible via driveways on 13th Street.
7. Q: Do I have to purchase a ticket for my child?
A: We love kids at South on Main! If your child is small enough to sit on your lap or be carried for the duration of the event, you do not need to purchase a ticket. If the child requires their own seat, then you do need to purchase a ticket.
8. Q: Do you offer discounted tickets for children?
A: No—unfortunately due to the limited capacity of South on Main, we are unable to extend discounts for children.
9. Q: I notice that certain tables are reserved for sponsors – why is that?
A: Ticket and subscription revenue only cover a portion of expenses related to producing high quality concerts while keeping ticket prices affordable. As a nonprofit 501c(3) arts organization, The Oxford American Literary Project relies on donors and sponsors to help make this, and the magazine, financially possible. As our thanks to sponsors and donors, we provide premium seating at events. If you are interested in becoming an event sponsor or donor, please contact the Oxford American at firstname.lastname@example.org.